The Salford Red Devils kept their position of second in the Betfred Super League table by recording their first win away to Warrington since 2011.

Tries from Junior Sa’u, Niall Evalds, Jake Bibby and Kris Brining capped off a classy performance as the Devils made it 7 consecutive wins in all competitions with a scoreline of 12-38

Head Coach Ian Watson made a number of changes to side that scored 50 points against Catalans just two days previous, with Todd Carney coming into the side alongside Junior Sa’u. Dan Murray, Josh Wood and Jake Bibby also returned to fold as Watson used his squad effectively to deal with the short turn around.

The game was an even affair to begin with as both sides completed their sets early on, and it was Warrington who had the first scoring chance, but solid goal line defence from the Red Devils kept the Wolves at bay.

Ten minutes in and it was Salford who scored first, Jake Bibby received the ball from Rob Lui following a good offload from Murdoch-Masila, and the young centre held off two defenders to score in the corner.

The Red Devils backed this up with a try almost instantly, Carney breaking the Warrington line and then passing to Sa’u who drew in the last defender and put Evalds away to score in the corner.

The sizeable Red Devils contingent behind the goal had barely finished celebrating this try when Salford were in again. O’Brien through a perfectly timed pass to Evalds, who turned provider, giving the ball back inside to Sa’u to open his account for the day.

Warrington did hit back and were on the board themselves ten minutes before the break, Brad Dwyer diving over from dummy half to score for the hosts.

The Wolves comeback was short lived however as Sa’u broke through to score his second of the game, and give the Red Devils a commanding advantage at half time.

The second half started in similar fashion to the first with both sides posting high completion rates, but the Red Devils got the scoreboard moving again 10 minutes in, Evalds combining with Sa’u again to score in the corner.

Ten minutes later and Evalds was celebrating a hat-trick. Carney slotted a perfect kick through the Wolves defence and the Winger dived on the ball to make the score 6-32 with O’Brien’s conversion.

Warrington thought that had scored when Kevin Brown picked up a loose ball from the ruck and raced 50 metres to dive over the line, only for referee Phil Bentham to call them back. Minutes later however and the Wire were celebrating. Tom Lineham dived into the corner to score what would only be a consolation.

The Red Devils found time for one more score, which came through Brining, who twisted his way through the defence to plant the ball down.

Full tim: Salford Red Devils 38 Warrington Wolves 12

Salford Red Devils: O’Brien, Evalds, Sa’u, Bibby, Johnson, Lui, Carney, Tasi, Brining, Hasson, Hauraki, Murdoch-Masila, Flanagan, Kopczak, Krasniqi, Murray, Wood