The Salford Red Devils racked up a big score against Featherstone Rovers on a fine Sunday afternoon at the The Salford Stadium.

Salford came into the game on the back of three defeats, and needed a win to get their Super 8 Qualifiers campaign back on track,

Featherstone started the game on fire, quickly scoring under the posts to take an early 6-0 lead.

Salford came straight back at the Rovers, Weller Hauraki barging over to get the Red Devils on the board.

Just minutes later and Salford were into the lead with Junior Sa’u jumping on a loose ball to score, O’Brien added the two to give Salford a 12-6 lead.

Six minute later and Salford extended their lead with Josh Jones scoring in the corner, quickly followed by a try from Daniel Vidot, stretching the Red Devils out to a 20-6 lead.

The flurry of tries continued for Salford with Junior Sa’u charging over for his second of the game, O’Brien adding the extras to make the score 26-6.

Featherstone then enjoyed a good spell of possession, aided by a couple of penalties, and eventually got a try through Jack Ormonroyd to make the score 26-12.

Salford were soon back at the other end of the pitch however with Full Back Niall Evalds showing the Featherstone defence a clean pair of heels to score a superb try in the corner.

With the Red Devils back on top the points continued to come, Josh Griffin made a break and then threw a basketball style pass to Ben Murdoch-Masila who crashed over.

There was time for one more Salford try before half time, Logan Tomkins darted over from close range, and O’Brien converted to make the score 44-12 at half time.

The second half started off in similar fashion to the first with Featherstone scoring early on, but Salford got back on track with a try from Olli Krasniqi.

This was followed quickly by tries from Hauraki and Michael Dobson to stretch the lead out to 60-16.

As the game wore on both teams began to tire and the game became scrappy, but Salford regathered themselves and scored through Murdoch-Masila, who barged over from short range.

Ian Watsons Salford team found time for one more score with Josh Jones diving over to score his second of the game and set the final score at 70-16.

Salford now go into next weeks game against London Broncos full of confidence, looking for another win to take them closer to Super League survival.

FULL TIME: 70-16

Salford Red Devils: Evalds. Vidot, Sa’u, Jones, J.Griffin, O’Brien, Dobson, Burgess, Tomkins, G.Griffin, Murdoch-Masila, Hauraki, Flanagan, Krasniqi, A.Walne, Lui, Kopczak