Both teams coaches selected strong starting line ups with Red Devils boss bringing in two Halifax RLFC players into the squad on Dual-Registration.

In the early stages of the game Salford showed some strong defence as Hull FC enjoyed a spell of possession and territory and although Albert Kelly found his way over the try line, he was held up by the determined Red Devils.

Salford then enjoyed a positive spell of their own and it wasn’t long before Junior Sa’u made his way over for the opening try following a flowing move from Right to left.

Ten Minutes later and the Red Devils were in again, this time George Griffin raced past his brother and former Salford player Josh to score under the posts, with O’Brien’s conversion making the score 12-0.

With both teams looking dangerous with the ball in hand, the first half opened up into a fiery affair, but neither team were able to score again before the half time break.

In the second half, Watson make good use of his bench and gave the club younger players the chance to show what they can do against a tough opposition, and he will not be disappointed with what he saw as the Red Devils continued to defend well and give Hull problems with the ball in hand.

FC did eventually cross for their first try with Steve Michaels latching onto a Marc Sneyd kick to score in the corner.

Salford came back strongly however and rounded off the win when Kris Welham crossed for his first try at the The Salford Stadium following a Michael Dobson cross field kick to make the final score 18-6.

Attentions now turn to the start of the Betfred Super League which begins on the 11th February against Wigan Warriors at the The Salford Stadium.

Salford Red Devils: O’Brien, J.Carney, Sa’u, Evalds, Johnson, Lui, Dobson, Mossop, Wood, Kopczak, Hauraki, J.Walne, Flanagan, Lama Tasi, A.Walne, Griffin, Krasniqi, Lannon, Murray, Brining, Wilkinson, Welham, Bibby, Bent, McGrath (Halifax), Butler (Halifax)

Junior Sa'u against Hull FC.
Junior Sa’u opened the scoring.