Salford fell just short against the league leaders, Hull FC, in a fast paced and entertaining affair at the The Salford Stadium. 
The Salford Red Devils came into the game on the back of a fantastic away win against Widnes the week before, and were looking to take this momentum into the last game of the regular season.
The game started off in an even fashion with both teams having good attacking sets, but it was the visitors who opened the scoring, with Steve Michaels scoring in the corner.
Salford came straight back at the league leaders, with Michael Dobson latching onto a loose ball and gathering his own grubber kick to score under the posts, the scores being levelled by the conversion. 
With both teams making good yards in attack, it would be Hull who next registered a score, Frank Pritchard barged over to score with his first touch of the ball. 
The game then opened up into a frantic paced affair, with both teams looking to play open attacking rugby league. Despite this, both sets of defences held firm, and the teams went in at the break with Hull holding a narrow 6-12 lead. 
After the break Salford came roaring back into the game, Mason Caton-Brown scoring his fourth try  in two games to bring Salford back to within two points. 
True to the form of the game, Hull came straight back at Salford and were over for a try of their own, a clever step from Chris Green deceived the Salford defence and he scored under the posts to make the score 10-18 following the successful conversion. 
The Red Devils were not out of the game however, Dobson made a fantastic break, and Niall Evalds finished the move off to bring Salford back to within two points.
The momentum was now well and truly with the hosts, and they took the lead with 12 minutes remaining, with Rob Lui latching onto his own grubber kick to score in the corner and make the score 22-18.
The league leaders were quickly camped in the Salford half however, and they retook the lead with eight minutes remaining, Marc Sneyd going over in the corner to score for the visitors. 
Hull finished the game off with three minutes remaining, with Fonua going over in front of the jubilant away fans to make the score 20-28. 
Salfords defence was gutsy throughout but they would eventually fall short of an impressive Hull side.
Final Score: Salford Red Devils 20 Hull FC 28.
The result leaves with Salford with four home games in the Super 8 qualifiers, providing that Huddersfield do not win by a 45 point margin away to Warrington.
Salford Red Devils: O’Brien, Evalds, Griffin, Sa’u, Caton-Brown, Lui, Dobson, Kopczak, Tomkins, G.Griffin, Murdoch-Masila, Jones, Flanagan, Hauraki, Krasniqi, Kenny, Walne.